To diversify and promote inclusion within the physician workforce, particularly primary care, by increasing cultural competency, community engagement, and advocacy in order to improve patient outcomes.
We will achieve this by:
- Combating systematic racism and other forms of prejudice
- Decreasing bias: implicit, explicit, and microaggressions
- Maneuvering through social determinants of health to decrease health disparities
- Increasing recruitment of residents that are underrepresented in medicine (URM) and of the LGBTQ community
- Creating a safe space for residents by providing an inclusive environment, support, and mentorship