How to Apply
Family Medicine Residency
Bayfront Health St. Petersburg’s Family Medicine Residency Program follows the standard academic calendar year, starting in July and ending in June of the following year.
Because we participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), applicants must submit application and all supporting documents online through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Only complete applications will be considered. An application is considered complete when all of the following documents have been received:
- Photograph (optional, but helpful)
- Dean's letter (MSPE)
- Medical school transcript
- Written personal statement
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, current within the last 18 months (at least one should be from a member of the family medicine department of school, affiliated hospital or elective course)
- Preference for USMLE Steps I and II score of at least 220, or higher, on first attempt (must have passing score on USMLE Steps I and II or COMLEX Levels 1 and 2 when residency begins)
- Copy of Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduate (ECFMG) certificate, if applicable (we do not sponsor any visas)
- Able to be granted a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in Florida
- Completed medical school no more than one year prior
Our application deadline is December 1, but we strongly recommend submitting application prior to October 1, as all interview spots are often filled early.
Academic Program Manager, Family Medicine Residency & Sports Medicine Fellowship Programs
For clinic and patient-related inquiries, please call (727) 893-6116.