Dr. Christopher Bariana is a board-certified thoracic surgeon with Bayfront Health Medical Group. His expertise includes:
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery
- Robotic esophageal and upper gastrointestinal surgery
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) surgery
- Lung and tracheal resections
- Lung cancer screening and nodule programs
- Interventional endoscopy
Dr. Bariana has more than a decade of experience. Before joining Bayfront Health, he held a variety of positions including acute care surgeon, thoracic and foregut surgeon and medical director of robotic thoracic surgery in facilities in Delaware, New Jersey and Florida. Dr. Bariana was recognized as a New Jersey Top Doctor from 2018-2021.
He provides compassionate and comprehensive care.
Dr. Bariana’s Training
Dr. Bariana earned his degree in osteopathic medicine from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his residency in general surgery at the University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, where he was chief resident in his final year. Dr. Bariana completed fellowships in cardiothoracic surgery at the Cleveland Clinic, where he was chief cardiothoracic resident his final year, and in minimally invasive surgery at Greenville Medical Center in South Carolina.
About Dr. Bariana
He is board certified in general surgery and thoracic surgery by the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery and licensed as an osteopathic physician by the Florida Department of Health.
Dr. Bariana’s professional memberships include the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Society of Robotic Surgery and Eastern Cardiothoracic Surgical Society.
- General Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
Medical EducationPhiladelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
ResidencyUniversity of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey
FellowshipCleveland Clinic/Greenville Medical Center
Bayfront Health Medical Group Cardiovascular
601 7th St. South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701 Phone: (727) 893-6234
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Bayfront Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna First Health NAB National Account Benefit
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.