Jacqueline Ooten is an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) and certified family nurse practitioner (FNP-C) with Bayfront Health Medical Group. She has experience in open heart recovery, structural heart, heart failure and noninvasive cardiology, and her expertise includes:
- Managing and treating cardiovascular disease and associated conditions
- Coordinating care for transcatheter mitral valve repair (TMVR) and transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Coordinating care with cardiovascular surgeons and interventional cardiologists
- Patient education and assistance with diagnostics, such as electrocardiograms and other specialized tests
- Caring for inpatient and outpatient heart failure patients
- Providing IV diuretic therapy and oral electrolyte replacement in the outpatient setting
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary care
Jacqueline has cared for patients in the Tampa Bay area since 2007. She believes in advocating for patients' and families' needs and providing patient education as well as emotional support.
She received her bachelor’s degree in nursing at South University in Savannah, Georgia, and her Master of Science in nursing (MSN) in the family nurse practitioner program at South University in Tampa.
Jacqueline is certified by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners and is licensed as an APRN and registered nurse in Florida. She has completed cardiovascular intensive care open heart training and holds NIH Stroke Scale certification.
She is a member of the Sigma Theta Tau honor society of nursing.
Outside of work, Jacqueline enjoys spending time with family, friends and her goldendoodle, Luca. She also likes going to the beach and is a certified scuba diver.
Medical EducationSouth University
Bayfront Health Medical Group Cardiovascular
601 7th St. South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701 Phone: (727) 893-6234
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Bayfront Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna First Health NAB National Account Benefit
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.