Dr. Nicholas Kotch is a board-certified cardiovascular disease specialist and clinical cardiac electrophysiologist at Bayfront Health Medical Group Cardiovascular. He specializes in:
- Arrhythmia diagnosis and management
- Electrophysiological studies
- Ablation procedures
- Implantable device management
- Syncope evaluation
- Atrial fibrillation (AFib) treatment
- Cardiac electrophysiology education
He has cared for patients in the Tampa Bay area since 2011.
Dr. Kotch’s Training
As an undergraduate, Dr. Kotch studied psychology at Florida State University in Tallahassee. He earned his degree in osteopathic medicine at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Bradenton, Florida, and completed his residency in internal medicine at Northside Hospital in St. Petersburg. He served as chief internal medicine resident his final year.
Dr. Kotch continued his training at Northside, where he completed a fellowship in cardiovascular diseases and served as chief fellow in his final year. He then performed a fellowship in clinical cardiac electrophysiology at the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine in Tampa.
About Dr. Kotch
Dr. Kotch is an assistant professor at USF Health / Morsani College of Medicine and serves as the associate fellowship program director for the USF Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship program.
He is certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease and clinical cardiac electrophysiology by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine. He is a diplomate in nuclear cardiology and in adult comprehensive echocardiography.
Dr. Kotch’s professional memberships include the Heart Rhythm Society and American College of Cardiology.
- American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
Medical EducationLake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Bayfront Health Medical Group Cardiovascular
601 7th St. South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701 Phone: (727) 893-6234
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Bayfront Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna First Health NAB National Account Benefit
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.